REGGIE" AVAILABLE for adoption SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON Corvallis OR
REGGIE" Coonhound, Redbone / Hound neutered male, 13 yr 65 lbs $200
Crate trained
Housetrained
Good with Cats
Needs a fenced yard
Hi, I’m Reggie! I’m a handsome 13-year-old Redbone Coonhound/Hound mix
with a beautiful red coat, a big hound-dog personality, and a surprising
amount of pep in my 65-pound body. Don’t let my age fool you—this
senior guy is still strong, playful, and can run pretty darn fast when
the mood strikes!I’ve been with my family since I was just a pup, so finding a new home is a big change for all of us. My person is very ill, and they want to make sure I’m settled somewhere safe and loved.
I’m housetrained, crate trained, and leash trained. I sleep comfortably in my crate at night and am used to spending time outside in a securely fenced yard during the day. A fenced yard will be important in my new home, along with someone who has time to take me for walks, spend time with me, and build a bond.
I’m a gentle, adventurous, independent fellow who is playful, food motivated, and protective of my family. I’m friendly and curious with other dogs, and I’m especially good with cats. In fact, I’ve had kitty friends who thought my crate looked so cozy that they climbed right in and slept with me!
I haven’t lived with children, so we don’t know how I would feel about them. I can also be a little unsure about strangers and may bark when someone new arrives, but I settle down. Loud noises like thunder and fireworks can be scary for me.
For 13, I’m doing great physically. I can manage stairs and get in and out of the car without assistance, although I’m nervous about car rides and travel in a crate. I know “sit,” “come,” “no,” and “no bark,” and on walks I can walk nicely, though sometimes my hound nose gets the better of me and I pull.
What I’m hoping for now is pretty simple: a secure fenced yard, good walks, patience, companionship, and someone who wants to love a sweet old hound. I may be a senior, but I still have plenty of energy, personality, and love left to give. I’d really like to spend my golden years belonging to someone again.
courtesy SDRO


No comments:
Post a Comment
If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.