"MILLIE" AVAILABLE for adoption SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON Corvallis OR
MILLIE Mixed Breed (Medium) spayed female, 13Y/3M/0W 37 lbs $200
*Not Good with Cats
*Housetrained
*Crate trained
Hi, I’m Millie! I’m a 13-year-old, 37-pound mixed-breed girl with a
white coat, adorable puppy-dog ears, and a big smile. My exact breed is a
bit of a mystery—maybe Lab mixed with Corgi? Whatever I am, I’ve
managed to keep my youthful good looks. Even my vet was surprised by how
alert, active, and friendly I am for my age!I’ve spent my life in a quiet home where I’m rarely alone, and that’s the kind of life I’d love to continue. I sleep comfortably in my own bed at night, have free run of the house when my person is away, and can still handle stairs on my own. I do need a little help getting in and out of the car, and I have a crate for car rides. I especially enjoy having the window cracked so I can take in all those interesting smells!
I’ve never lived with dogs or children, so we really don’t know how I would feel about sharing my home with them. I can be friendly toward dogs but may also bark or growl. Cats, however, are another story. My family was cautioned about keeping me away from cats when they adopted me, so I need a cat-free home. A fenced yard is also a must for me.
My ideal home would be a quiet one with one or two people who will appreciate my personality, companionship, and affection. I’ve got plenty of love left to give, and I’d be happiest with people who enjoy having a sweet senior girl as part of their everyday lives.
My person loves me deeply, and finding me a new home is an incredibly painful decision. Serious health issues have made it difficult for her to safely care for me, and she wants to make sure I’m settled somewhere loving if she can no longer remain in her own home.
So while this isn’t the goodbye either of us wanted, it’s being made with love. I’m hoping there’s someone out there who will look at my puppy ears, my big smile, and my sweet senior face and say, “Millie, you can come home with me.



No comments:
Post a Comment
If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.