How it works:

Available dogs at the top of the blog, adopted at the bottom! Be sure to check 'older posts.'

Tuesday, August 11, 2026

"KIT" AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD "SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON" Corvallis OR

  "KIT"  AVAILABLE for adoption SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON   Corvallis OR

SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON

KIT Breed: Shepherd, Australian  spayed female, 8Y/0M/3W  61lbs   $200

*Not Good with Cats
*Good with Kids
*Housetrained
*Needs a fenced yard
*Needs to be the only pet
Hi, I’m Kit! I’m an 8-year-old Blue Australian Shepherd with 50 pounds of energy, loyalty, and love to share. My dad is 81 and is moving into assisted living, so even though my family wishes they could keep me, they already have two dogs of their own. They're hoping to find me a home where I can be just as loved as I've always been.

If you're someone who enjoys getting outside, we might be the perfect match. Walks are one of my favorite things, and I never say no to a game of fetch. Whether it's a neighborhood stroll, a hike through the woods, or tossing a ball around the backyard, I'm happiest when I get to spend time being active with my person.

I'm an affectionate, confident girl who also has an independent streak. At home, I like to keep an eye on things. If I hear someone outside, I'll let you know with a bark—it's my job, after all! But once guests come inside, you'll see that I'm all wiggles and friendly greetings. Away from home, I'm incredibly social and enjoy meeting new people.

I've had puppy classes and even spent two months working with a licensed trainer, so I know commands like sit, stay, and drop. I walk nicely on a leash and am a wonderful companion for everyday adventures.

I've never lived with other dogs or cats. I'm generally aloof around other dogs, and while I tend to bark or growl at cats, I may not be the best fit for a feline family. I did spend a few weeks around children ages 4 to 7 and was gentle, friendly, and excited to be with them.

My dream home has a securely fenced yard where I can safely stretch my legs and play. I sleep freely inside the house at night and I'm used to being alone for no more than a couple of hours at a time.

If you're looking for a loyal hiking buddy, a fetch enthusiast, and a best friend who will happily join you on life's adventures, I can't wait to meet you. I think we could make a pretty great team.



courtesy SDRO
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.