"MAKOON" AVAILABLE for adoption SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON Corvallis OR
MAKOON neutered male 11Y/8M/0W 27 lbs
Breed: Mixed breed (small)
*Housetrained
*Crate trained
*Not Good with Kids
Hi, I’m Makoon! I’m an 11-year-old, 27-pound mixed-breed gentleman with a
chocolate-brown coat, a sweet soul, and a few tricks up my sleeve. I
may be a senior, but don’t let my age fool you—I still love getting out
for a good walk, especially if there’s a river involved!I’m a pretty chill guy who enjoys the simple things in life: leisurely walks, lots of pets, and snuggling up with my people. Fetch? No thank you. I have better things to do! I’m also quite the talented fellow. I know sit, roll over, lay down, and shake. My best trick is when you make a finger gun and say “bang!”—I’ll dramatically play dead. I’ve still got it!
I’ve lived with both dogs and cats. I’m friendly with other dogs, and while I can be friendly with cats, they can sometimes make me a little nervous. Children are harder for me. I can be fearful, nervous, and unpredictable around them, so I’m looking for an adult home where I can feel safe and comfortable.
I’m happy hanging out inside or spending time outdoors, and I’m fine being left alone for a couple of hours. I can still manage stairs and hop in and out of the car on my own, although I am an old man and sometimes I take things at my own pace. I’ve had some dental problems, so soft food is best for me. I can also be protective of my food, so I’ll need a family who understands and respects that.
My person loves me very much but is facing a difficult life transition and can no longer give me the stability and care I deserve. Finding me a safe, loving home is part of making sure I’m taken care of.
My dream? Someone who loves walks, trips to the river, quiet companionship, and plenty of snuggling. I don’t need anything fancy—just a safe home, a soft bed, and someone who will love this old guy for all the wonderful years I still have ahead of me.


No comments:
Post a Comment
If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.