How it works:

Available dogs at the top of the blog, adopted at the bottom! Be sure to check 'older posts.'

Monday, August 3, 2026

"LEXI" CAROLINA DOG "SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON" Corvallis OR

 

 "LEXI"  AVAILABLE for adoption SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON   Corvallis OR


SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON

LEXI  Carolina Dog  spayed female, 8Y/9M/2W    51lbs   $200

Crate trained
Housetrained
Needs a fenced yard
Needs to be the only pet

 "LEXI"  AVAILABLE for adoption SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON   Corvallis OR


SENIOR DOG RESCUE of OREGON

LEXI  Carolina Dog  spayed female, 8Y/9M/2W    51lbs   $200

Crate trained
Housetrained
Needs a fenced yard
Not Good with Cats
Needs to be the only pet
Not Good with Kids


I’m an affectionate, loyal younger senior with plenty of pep. Sure, I might have a little stiffness, but it doesn’t hold me back. I’m smart, treat-motivated and super-attentive. I enjoy learning new things, playing enrichment games and doing food puzzles. But I don’t have to be active all the time. I love a good belly rub and take plenty of naps. Walks and car rides are fun too!

My current people work from home and I feel more secure when I know where they are. I can spend a half day alone, no problem, and I’ll wait patiently by the door so I can give them a big happy hello when they get home. I haven’t lived with children. I bet I’d like older kids who learn to speak dog language but younger kids may be too unpredictable for me.

Being in a predictable house helps me feel calm. I monitor my surroundings and will let you know when something’s going on outside, but once you show me you understand, I’ll go back to being chill (truth be told, the meds I’m taking help a lot with that).

I bond quickly with my primary people but need encouragement to welcome others into my pack. I didn’t have a lot of experience socializing in my early years so my foster family has been helping me expand my circle. We’ve learned great tips for meeting new people and giving me breaks if I seem overwhelmed. I’m also muzzle trained if unfamiliar people need to get close. I’ve been working with a trainer in Corvallis who understands my fears and how to help me cope with them. If you decide to open your home to me SDRO will provide some training sessions to help us all settle in comfortably.


We haven’t brought other dogs or cats into our circle, but I’m learning to live with them in my neighborhood. Who knows? In time I might warm up to a few but I think I’d rather be the only pet in my home.

I have quite a few friends now and am ready to meet more. How about you?


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.