How it works:

Available dogs at the top of the blog, adopted at the bottom! Be sure to check 'older posts.'

Saturday, October 10, 2026

"SANDMAN" *Foster home!* Blue-Brown-eyes* BIG TAN MYSTERY MIX "MCAS"

 "SANDMAN" Available for adoption at Multnomah County Animal Services!

MCAS hours/ Location

Date found: Sunday, July 26, 2026
Location found: Mt Tabor, Portland
How did we get this animal: Stray
Adoption cost: $160.00 each License fee: $27.00 (Multnomah County residents only
 
SANDMAN #399343 Breed: American Shelter Dog  neutered male 1 yr 8 mths 75 lbs
 
ok with children 12 + 
*Foster home 
Meet Sandman, a handsome, big-hearted, large mixed-breed dog whose goofy, affectionate personality shines as he gets to know you! This active, smart gentle giant loves leaning in for full-body pets, showing off his fetch skills, zooming around the yard, and working on puzzle toys. 
 
Sandman knows "sit" and "drop it" and is eager to learn, but his high enthusiasm means he can occasionally jump or mouth when overstimulated, which is easily redirected with vocal direction and treats. Sandman is seeking an experienced, understanding home with no kids under 12 where he can feel secure, continue training, and share all his sweet face kisses! 🏡💛 
 
 ** Here's what my foster parent has to say about me! ** 100% Potty Trained: Zero accidents in the house! I take my bathroom duties very seriously. Beauty Sleep Enthusiast: I literally tuck myself into bed at 8:00 PM every night. Don't disturb my strict sleep schedule! 😴 Master of Fetch: Ball is life! I will sit like a polite gentleman, drop the ball, and wait patiently for you to toss it. Top-Tier Dinner Table Manners: I sit nicely while my meal is prepared and wait for my official "ok!" before digging in-no bowl-diving here! 🍲 A Polite Houseguest: I'm learning door etiquette (about 90% mastered!) and I gladly step out of the kitchen when you tell me I'm underfoot while cooking. Velcro Shadow: I adore my humans and love being close by, but I'm learning that it's totally okay to relax when you step out of the room. Work in Progress (Because nobody's perfect!): I get super enthusiastic when playing with toys, so I'm learning not to jump or nip at toys in hands when excited. The big outside world can feel a little spooky! I'm working on building up my confidence on outings beyond our cozy yard, one small step at a time.
 

Meet Sandman, a handsome, big-hearted, large mixed-breed dog whose goofy, affectionate personality shines as he gets to know you! This active, smart gentle giant loves leaning in for full-body pets, showing off his fetch skills, zooming around the yard, and working on puzzle toys. Sandman knows "sit" and "drop it" and is eager to learn, but his high enthusiasm means he can occasionally jump or mouth when overstimulated, which is easily redirected with vocal direction and treats. Sandman is seeking an experienced, understanding home with no kids under 12 where he can feel secure, continue training, and share all his sweet face kisses! 
 

 

 
 
 
courtesy volunteer
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.