How it works:

Available dogs at the top of the blog, adopted at the bottom! Be sure to check 'older posts.'

Saturday, September 19, 2015

"HANK" is a good boy :)

ADOPTED!!!!!
Oct 6, 2015 
 
Oct 6, 2015 Hank was adopted by a wonderful family who's loving Pitbull recently passed away. When they met Hank in the greeting area, he immediately went to them, wanting to be pet, leaning and wagging.. also made immediate eye contact - which they really liked!
In his new home, Hank will be "a co-driver" of  the husband's company tow truck :)  and we know that Hank loves riding in cars.  They like to hike, and  they were interested in his recent pulling adventures.
All recent adopters of shelter dogs (or rescue dogs, or rehomed dogs...etc) need to be patient and understanding, especially of a dog, like Hank, who has been in an animal shelter for a long time.  But Hank had "a routine" and "friends (so in a way, he's like a dog who has had a home for 4 months and is now is transit again)  and  he needs to know that his new people are there for him :)
 It's hard for them to be "perfect" no one is.
 Hank, we all wish you and your new family the best!
 
I wish that somebody good wanted to adopt me....  Everyone likes me at the shelter
This nice boy would LOVE to be adopted to a great home soon, but
he'd also like the chance of getting out of the shelter environment and into a good foster home!!
 if you'd like to help out a nice shelter dog, then maybe think about fostering him? He's a sweetie. If interested in possibly fostering Hank, please contact Alix, the MCAS foster dog coordinator at
 
Check out Hank's Videogram here!

Available for adoption with Multnomah County Animal Services!

here's my Mcas weblink

Who's looking for a good ole' country boy? My name is Hank and I am super excited to find my new family! The shelter is very stressful and overwhelming for me and I'm looking to leave here as soon as possible. I have become a staff favorite here and have been getting to go for hikes and car rides during my stay. It is super fun and I would love to be someone's hiking buddy! My new favorite game is playing ball and tug. I do confess that I am very strong when playing Tug but very careful not to tug on anything but the rope! My new family should be active and willing to give me plenty of exercise and mental enrichment. The shelter is also HIGHLY recommending that we attend reward based classes together to help with my impulse control. I am an eager boy that loves to learn new things and food is my super motivator. It is possible that I could live with another respectful dog of my same size with slow introductions, but please no animals smaller than I or felines please. Children should also be over the age of 12 years, due to my level of exuberance at times. I hope this is ok. I am a great dog that will thrive outside of the shelter environment. I am about 3 years old and weigh 58 pounds. If you are interested in meeting me, please email animal.care@multco.us to set up a meeting. Can't wait to meet you! Here is a link to my video! https://instagram.com/p/71WdhjpnfX/?taken-by=multcopets

 Hank loved doing the "Pull Clinic for Sled Dogs" this weekend!

 
 I ride great in a car and don't take up too much space! 
 
I do great on a long line leash when on a hike
  
snoozing after a long day!
 
here's me with my best friend Mcas volunteer Katia 
 
yes! I can get this ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you know one of the dogs or have something positive or constructive to contribute, please comment. Thank you.